Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so much.
American Author, lecturer, and advocate for the blind
You have a great idea or are determined to get something done. Perhaps you want support with a shift in your career or want to release weight or want to accomplish something specific in your business. You start out excited and may even put a “project plan” together. Then … “life” gets in the way. Motivation may get you started, but if you truly want to meet your goals an accountability partner can help.
In a study about goal achievement conducted by psychology professor Dr. Gail Matthews from Dominican University, people who wrote down their goals, shared this information with a friend and then sent them weekly updates were, on average, 33% more successful in accomplishing their stated goals than those who merely formulated them. In fact, some studies suggest sending a progress report to a trusted colleague or friend increases your chances of success by 70%.
That’s where an accountability partner comes in. An accountability partner can:
- identify concrete, actionable steps you can take to move forward,
- brainstorm and expand your thinking about possible solutions, and
- assist you in staying motivated and excited about reaching your goals.
Sometimes all that is needed is someone to ask the right questions in order to stir up your excitement level and energy flow.
So what specifically does an accountability partner do?
- Cheers you on during your journey, especially when you’re overwhelmed.
- Maintains high expectations and gives it to you straight — speaks authentically and holds you accountable to do what you said you were going to do.
- Challenges you to keep going, go further, and understand why something is possible even though it seems impossible.
- Celebrates your achievements with you and makes sure your goal(s) remain a priority.
- Proves you don’t have to go it alone.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll have a face-to-face introductory meeting (or by Skype if you’re not in the area), reviewing your goal(s) and what you want to accomplish. Together we’ll agree on a timeline, break down your goal into manageable steps and discuss what could get in the way of you achieving your goals. We’ll also review the ground rules of an accountability relationship and you will sign a contract to signify the importance of hiring an accountability partner.
- We’ll schedule weekly 20-minute accountability phone sessions. These sessions will be used to discuss your progress from the previous week and establish your top 3 priorities for the coming week. Prior to these sessions you will send an updated Goal Tracker form to me via email so that our discussion is focused and highlights what is important.
- If necessary, we’ll “talk” via email in between our weekly phone sessions.
- One-month engagement (introductory session + three calls): $200
- Three-month accountability relationship: $450 or three payments of $165 each
- Six-month accountability relationship: $800 or six payments of $150 each
If you would like a free, 20-minute phone consultation to discuss your situation and how I could help, please email me.
All fees are due before or at the contract signing.
Contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss moving forward.
Inspiring, intelligent, authentic, effective and organized are the words that come to mind when I think of Sue. When making the decision to completely change careers after 21 years, I consulted with Sue who had just the insight I needed. With new ways of looking at defining who I am and what I can offer my clients, she helped to clarify my vision and my focus on where I want to go. She has a tremendous understanding and knowledge of building your brand, marketing and communication and her advice and encouragement have been invaluable. Sue will help you create more of a business than you ever thought you could!”
– K. Cowperthwaite
It’s hard to find an advisor who can give your business a boost or keep your dreams alive, but Sue Opeka is one of those special people. I’ve taken her ideas for new businesses, samples of new products and just plain “how come I can’t seem to…” questions and have never come away empty handed. Sue is a total package. The thing that makes her special is that she takes the time to get into your idea and understand the guts of it, all without being judgmental or trying to turn it into something it’s not. For instance, I showed her samples of a new product I’m working on. She took the time to really evaluate what I was offering and gave me ideas on product lines, suggestions on pricing and even had some recommendations on expanding into new arenas. That kind of business feedback is hard to find, but her background in retail, finance and strategy are all wrapped into one. She even prompted me to add a tag line and other marketing info to give a customer a reason to care about my product. “It’s all about telling a story,” she said, “otherwise you’re no different from anybody else on the shelf.” That kind of advice only comes from a woman with experience and the business success to back it up. In short, Sue is a real gem.”
– Pat H.
Like many aspiring young artists, I struggle to market and sell my artwork. Recently, I had the urge to sell my creative wrap dolls but once again was plagued with the burden of marketing my own art. I was lost. Faced with a brick wall standing tall in front of me I sought the guidance of Susan Opeka as a creative strategist. Susan was a highly respected store owner but more importantly an innovative thinker. In a creative session, we brainstormed ideas to market and possibly sell my dolls. I was extremely impressed by her professional manner, knowledge and ability to generate unique and forward thinking ideas. With the guidance from Susan I was able to sell my dolls and develop a new and novel approach for marketing my artwork. I would highly recommend Susan and thank her for my ongoing success.”
– Caroline Laird
Artist, Certified Art Therapist, Educator
I’ve had the opportunity to work with Sue as part of a Mastermind team. Her mix of creativity and business smarts has been a tremendous help to me as I transitioned my business. I’ve managed to launch a new program sooner than I would have if I hadn’t had her feedback and encouragement. I’ve accomplished more in less time. The feedback I’ve received has been invaluable. I highly recommend Sue Opeka.”
– Adrienne McGill
Founder and owner, Adrienne Clarisse
I have been resisting writing an ezine as a way to connect to my market for the life coaching business I have. I've been resisting this for a very long time. It always felt a little overwhelming and frankly, I wasn't convinced that it would really make a difference. Sue inspired me to think differently using the argument that people do want to hear from me, that I have a following and that I need to feed them (my words, not hers). She told me about how my name was a brand since I have been in the community for 11 years as a prominent life coach and that it was time to take advantage of that. She gave me some ideas of what to call my monthly newsletter and made it sound fun and doable. I left our meeting determined to get this started. I actually enjoyed putting this ezine together and called it Soaring Spirit Coaching from Faith. I have ideas of how to move forward, keep my message short and to the point, and enjoy the process. It is a bit of a miracle after believing for so long that this just wasn't something I wanted to do. Sue called me forth and I rose to the task! She gave me some ideas, the motivation as well as ways to brand myself that made sense. Her expertise, insight and encouragement really worked.”